The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Job Title: Innovation Program Officer
- Identifies key resources for all the units (Water and Habitat, Economic Security, Health, Procurement, etc.) in accessing resources, companies, start-ups to assist in the development of ICRC ideas related to innovation.
- Supports informal discussions and thinking via an internal working group on innovation feeding information to the Innovation collaborative space
- Develops links to build a humanitarian innovation ecosystem in Nigeria (Abuja, Lagos, Yola, Kano in particular) to further develop the network Global Humanitarian Lab participants in Nigeria
- Creates written content and support production of video content, such as progress of the innovation pilots, experiences of innovators, and participation in internal and external events.
- Researches or leads research on legal issues connected to the collaboration between the ICRC and corporates and foundations in Nigeria, in close collaboration with Legal Advisors team
- Seeks connections between the Nigerian corporate sector and Health innovations in Fragile Environments, in close collaboration with External Resources delegate
- Coordinates Nigeria related innovation with the respective units in Geneva
- University degree in Business Management or equivalent field
- 5-7 years work experience, experience in innovation sector an asset
- Knowledge of innovation ecosystem in Nigeria
- Awareness of the socio-political environment in Nigeria
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good command of Hausa, Igbo, and Yoruba an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Problem solving skills
- Facilitation and motivation skills
- Able to communicate and influence across a range of audiences
- Sensitive to cultural, gender and other social issues with colleagues and stakeholders
- Demonstrated interest on working on innovation in a field related to humanitarianism or poverty
- Appetite for innovation and experience in testing new approaches in ICRC, including with new technologies
- Strategic vision to identify possibilities for innovation within and outside the ICRC
2. Job Title: Nutrition Field Officer
- Disseminate and explain clearly and concisely about Economic Security (EcoSec) overall approach and programmes, Food security and nutrition activities, trends of malnutrition to non-specialists including internal and external stakeholders orally or in writing using short technical reports and/or EcoSec executive briefs
- Conduct suitable baseline nutrition assessments/surveys for the most “at-risk“ livelihoods and /or groups and determine priority areas for monitoring the nutrition situation.
- Facilitate preparation and delivery of nutrition and EcoSec trainings in close collaboration with the Nigeria Red-Cross Society (NRCS)
- Design and contribute to the implementation of relevant emergency interventions; Participate in establishment and implementation of procedures
- Identify needs and geographical areas in collaboration with the Sub-Delegation, and implement EcoSec activities in the field
- Work closely and collaborate with Agro, Livestock, Cash Transfer Program (CTP) and relief colleagues with situation, concerns and Ecosec responses that feed into nutrition with an aim to increase nutrition sensitive programming in food aid, agro, livestock and CTP responses
- Focus on the nutritional aspects of food security but will not exclude deployment as EcoSec field officer generalist in case of need
- University degree in Nutrition, Food Security, Public Health or in relevant field or equivalent higher education qualification;
- 3 years’ work experience in related field (Nutrition assessments/ surveys and/ or feeding centre in emergency or crises context);
- Very good command of written and spoken English; fluent in written and spoken Kanuri and /or Hausa;
- Very good report writing and analytical skills and very good computer skills particularly in MS Excel;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Knowledge on ICRC core mandate and modality of work;
- Previous ICRC or Red Cross experience is an advantage;
- Function autonomously and independently, within the limits of responsibilities granted;
- Sensitive to cultural, gender, religious and other social issues with colleagues and interlocutors;
- Prepared to spend time in the field with basic facilities;
- Motivated, patient and practical-minded
- It is expected that this position will work across Maiduguri (80%) and Damaturu (20%) offices
Method of Application
Applicants should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Innovation Program Officer Abuja” as the subject of your application.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.